Strengthening village life in the town of Troaş was made somewhere in the middle of eighteenth century; The Building of the Church naturally led to the beginning of religious life in the village; the place of worship was built by a local craftsman, who was a wood carver (by the inscriptions found on church, he was called Matei), he was also the priest.
By 1813 the church was painted inside by the painter Nicolae and before the first World War, the church was stuck outside with clay and then whitewashed, after 1941, it was abandoned following the construction of the new place of worship. The wooden church was left at the mercy of weather. In 1966 conservation and consolidation measures were taken, thus the clay layer that coats the walls of the church has been removed, the exterior painting could not be saved. The construction of the church in Troaş is typical for the wooden churches of that time and those from the Mureş Valley (stone foundation, horizontal beams of oak walls, closed in the end in the fastening of a "dovetail" system, the brackets supporting the roof have a decorative role); entrance to the church is through a two sided door located in the southern wall; the main one is located towards the naos and the secondary one in the narthex; the church tower (11.55 m high) harmonizes with the church body.
The church in Troaş deserves a particular attention, due to the quality of its paintings; executed in tempera, on a layer of plaster and canvas boards glued at the joints, the interior of the church is covered entirely with complex iconographic paintings that include: the Trinity and the sacrifice of Abraham – at the altar, the holy martyrs and some biblical scenes – at the nave, respectively Holy Martyr – at the narthex.