The building plan was originally designed by the architect Ödön Lechner from Budapest. Because of financial reasons, at the request of the city management the plan was modified by the architect Ferenc Pekar from Arad. From the old plan, the new project has kept only three floors in the main entrance, closing a side from the park. The 54 m high tower is reminder regarding the Flemish municipalities, many elements of Flemish Renaissance ornamentation can be found on the building. The main entrance to the building is done on an impressive scale covered with red marble that leads upstairs to a large imposing hall.
The stained glass windows are made by Sever Frenţiu, painter, designer and president of the Branch Arad Artists Union. They are placed in the stairwell of the main entrance hall of the building Hall.
Monumental stained glass windows representing the theme "the seasons" and
"the months" are great allegorical works inspired from medieval Romanian decorations. The impressive form of glass come together in a perfect harmony of colors, conceived as a state of tightening worthy of the great artists of the Renaissance.
The inauguration of the building took place in 1877, a year being bought and brought from Switzerland the clock that still works today. Today the building houses the Town Hall of Arad and Arad county prefecture.