The building displays a variety of styles: the façade in neoclassical style, is decorated with a pediment supported by massive columns in the Corinthian style, and above it is guarded by a massive tower, the wings on the sides are dominated by elements of the Italian Renaissance style, the building’s side from the park was inspired by elements from the castle from Hunedoara, a building of gothic influence. The monumental staircase leads the visitor into a beautiful lobby made from marble from Moneasa, from here there also is access to the magnificent concert hall.
The construction of the building was initiated since 1901 by the Kölcsey Cultural Society from Arad, which started taking the steps towards constructing a building that would house the local museum, the town library and a concert hall. In the concert hall numerous musical local and abroad personalities performed concerts (the tenor Traian Grozăvescu, Richard Strauss, Bartók Béla and especially the composer and violinist George Enescu). Currently, the Cultural Palace houses the headquarters of the County Museum and the State Philharmonic.