This noble complex consists of: the castle, built by the Cernovici noble family during 1800-1850 – the left wing with two towers and then during the period between 1850-1900 – the right wing; the annexed buildings, the swimming pool and a lovely garden with greenhouses.
The building was built on the site of another building dating from the eighteenth century. The predominant architectural style of the castle is the neoclassical one, being designed on one level and on a rectangular area, in the first half of the XIX century. Both the front terrace and the back terrace, are lined with columns with capitals of Doric resonance. When finishing the castle, by supplementing it with his right wing, the building received its secession style mark, specific to the final of the XIX century.
From 1956-1957, the castle of imposing proportions, was restored and surrounded by an arboretum, with rare species of plants, which covers an area of 21.5 hectares and is considered today as an important teaching research base for students and teaching staff from the faculties of the "Vasile Goldis" Western University of Arad. The touristic objective from Macea is an ideal place for long walks and relaxation.