The edifice was built in 1885 in the eclectic style for the seminar and for the Orthodox theology, unified in 1876. The land was put at the disposal of the church by the Viennese baron Sina, and because of that, in the interwar period the street with the church was named after him. The building has elements of the classicist and the Renaissance styles. The monumental building with two floors has in the central part an imposing dome, disposing of a large festivities room also. In the interwar period the seminar turned into faculty of theology of four years. In the school yard it was unveiled in 1912, the bust of Teodor Ceontea (1847-1906), a famous teacher, biologist, author of textbooks. Here it was also built a beautiful wooden church, a construction characteristic for the Romanian architecture.