The church is located in Vinga (direct access from the E671 Arad-Timișoara road).
The construction of the church began in June 1890, led by the engineers Antony Toma and Hostalek Carol. The new church was christened and inaugurated in 1892 by the Bishop Dessewffi Alexandru in a ceremony attended by all the villagers.
The building is in the shape of a double cross, measuring 63 meters in length and 25 meters in width. The towers are 65 meters high.